Microsoft Excel for Mac allows you to select the automatic calculation mode. This workbook mode enables you to make the changes to Excel workbook and MS Excel automatically recalculates all the affected parts. However, there are some situations, where automatic calculation mode can damage the file, if it is shared on the server. This problem makes the file inaccessible and you have to use Mac Excel repair solutions to extract inaccessible file.
Consider the below mentioned scenarios, which demonstrate this problem with Excel for Mac spreadsheets:
- You have an Excel file stored in a common repository.
- Both the users are using different versions of the application, 2011 and 2008.
- User with Excel 2011 version is able to see the file and its calculations properly.
- Another user with Excel 2008 version cannot access the references, formulas, and other calculations.
- To fix this problem, Excel 2008 user saved the file as xlsm file in the same repository.
- When both users tried to open the newly created file, they faced the same accessibility issues.
It makes your significant data in Mac Excel file inaccessible and you have to recover Excel files Mac using advanced recovery methods.
This problem may occur due to:
- Corruption to the file because of saving it to the server. Excel files are not designed to be edited simultaneously on the server.
- The automatic calculation mode is not working properly, may be because of preferences corruption in the Excel application.
You can fix automatic calculation mode issue by:
- Saving the file to local hard drive and try accessing it.
- Remove Excel for Mac preferences, restart your Mac, and open the file.
- Restore the damaged file from the most recent backup of the damaged file.
- Use third-party recovery applications to restore damaged file and extract inaccessible data.
The commercial recovery tools are capable of retrieving your precious data in all corruption cases. They restore all file objects, including formulas, formatting, charts, graphics, and more. Such tools do not edit or remove the original data.